Thursday, January 28, 2016

Cube 3D Printer Discontinued

Most of you, if you follow along, know that I received a Cube 3D printer last Spring from 3D Systems as a means to teach students, especially young girls, about 3D printing and other engineering tasks. Well, I was sad to learn yesterday that the Cube is being discontinued because it is not profitable for the company. They are hoping to sell more of their top of the line model, the Cube Pro, which they are hoping can be a sufficient educational as well as professional model. However, those cost $2979 with tax and shipping. The Cube cost about a third that, but luckily mine was free. Safe to say, I will not be able to sway the adults I typically have attend my free programs to buy a Cube Pro. Nor will I be able to rush out and purchase one myself. I am going to keep the Cube that I have and use the remaining material coils I purchased before Christmas for as long as I can.  I hope to be able to raise enough money to buy as many material coils as I can so I can continue to put on my free 3D printing programs to small, rural communities across the country.

A small donation of $2 can ensure that a young girl or boy receives a wearable take home 3D printed item to show their friends, family, and community. If you would like to make a monetary donation to ensure the sustainability of my free 3D printing programs, you can do so here: 

https://www.gofundme.com/engineer_females 


I will continue to hold free programs and post about the activities and results as long as I have printing materials and funding. Thank you for your interest and support in my programs.






1 comment:

  1. Global 3D Labs the best and safest to buy 3D printers in India. We manufacture a wide range of best-in-class 3D printers and 3D printing service providers in India

    ReplyDelete